The Filtrair PFL-F4 Pocket air filter is designed for use as extra fine air filter unit for exhaust or recycled air in air handling installations that pose stringent requirements to withstand high pressure loads and fine dust concentrations. Filtrair's PTL-F6 is very energy efficient and has been specifically designed as an intake air filter for gas turbines, compressors, and turbo machinery of all kinds. It is also suited for contaminated air expulsion filtration systems in spray painting plants.
The media used in the PTL-F6 is a synthetic fibre-based pocket filter developed and manufactured at Filtrair's own high-tech media plant in The Netherlands. The filter medium is constructed from selected high performance fibres in a progressive density multi-layering technique to ensure high-depth dust loading, with optimal low pressure drop performance. This results in long filter life, extremely high dust holding capacity and low energy and maintenance costs.
The PTL-F6 is a 100% synthetic, corrosion-free and humidity-resistant product. It conforms to all European Union and U.S. fire classifications (e.g. DIN 53438-F1 and UL 900 - 2). The pocket medium is inherently rigid, with a welded rib construction to from a pocket with the highest possible functional security in even the most brutal air-pressure and dust-laden environments. The leak-free construction, the incorporated aerodynamic spacers and the embedded medium in a form-stable reinforced plastic front header frame guarantees the highest performance in most environments. Constant quality is ensured by independent quality control according to EN-779 and the individual DIN control registration number, which is imprinted on each unit.
- Genuine F6 rated (MERV 11)
- 100% non-shed synthetic media
- Welded seams
- Low initial pressure drop
- Large effective surface area
- Integrated vertical separators
- Form stable reinforced plastic header for rigid support
- Conforms to U.S. and EU fire classification standards (e.g. DIN 53438-F1 and UL 900-class 2)
Filtrair's PTL-F6 pocket air filters are uniquely suited for effective separation of aggressive and abrasive particles, combating equipment erosion and enhancing functional efficiency. Also in extreme weather and environmentally adverse conditions such as off-shore high volume intake systems
The PTL-F6 is most often installed in air handling units for:
- gas turbines in electricity generating plants
- Utility and co-generating plants
- off-shore oil and gas exploration platforms
- high air-volume and high final pressure drop conditions
- compressor plants
Also used as second stage pre-filters in air handling units for:
- spray painting plants
- chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturing
- medical facilities and clean rooms
- solving critical air filtration and migratory dust problems
- final policing filter unit in dust collection installations
PTL-F5 pocket air filters can be used in most standard built-up filter banks, or side–access filter housing systems.
Service and maintenance can also be carried out by Peregrine Industries' trained service technicians if required (ask our representative about our competitive service/maintenance contracts to all types of HVAC and airconditioning filters).